Postgraduate Doctoral Degrees
Students have the opportunity to get awarded a doctoral degree within the medical faculty (MD/PhD program) or within sport science (PhD). All doctoral students are welcome to participate in our dorctoral program where we offer interdisciplinary courses and events. All courses are open to undergraduate bachelor and postgraduate master students.
- Colloquium for PhD students, post graduand students, Bachelor and Master students (several meetings per term): Presentation of current projects.
- Journal Club (6-8/year): English presentations of current oublications relevant for the institute’s research focus
- National and international invited presentations (quarterly)
- Colloquium "Sports Cardiology" (biannually)
- Colloquium "Sports Traumatology" (yearly)
PhD students and students working on their Bachelor/Master thesis are offered the opportunity to work within the Institute (including performance diagnostic).
Dr. Sabrina Skorski
phone: +49 (0) 681 302 70411
Dr. Florian Beaudouin
For several years the Institute is been providing medical care for the German Football Association thus we have a strong scientifc and practical interest in football. Over the years we conducated several research projects in elite and recreational football. Furthermore, football science is the primary focus of the international PhD programme "Science and Health in Football" which has initially been funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and Saarland University and is now offered in cooperation with the University of Technology Sydney (UTS). For detailed informations regarding the programme please follow this link.