Guide for Submitting Applications
There are no scholarships available at the moment. Self- or non-funded project applications can be submitted throughout the year without a specific deadline to the following e-mail address as a single pdf file (Please note that a detailed research proposal is mandatory for such applications):
Dr. Sabrina Skorski (PhD)
Sport scientist, program coordinator
Institute of Sports and Preventive Medicine Saarland University
- PhD program; Dr. phil. Sabrina Skorski -
Campus Bldg. B 8 2
Please carefully read the instructions below before submitting your application. Only complete applications will be considered for the program.
The following pieces of information and documents are required
(1) Curriculum vitae
(2) Description of academic performance and research experience:
- Tanscripts of records
- Certificates of your degrees (BSc, MSc, Diploma,Magister, Staatsexamen etc.). Please submit translated certificates if the originals are not written in English or German
- Summery of research experience (e.g. description of activities or positions in research, list of published papers, conference attendance and presentations)
- An abstract of your graduation thesis in English
For the first application round, scanned pdf files of certificates are accepted. In the further application process, submission of legally certified transcripts are mandatory due to University regulations.
(3) Two letters of recommendation from two independent academics and/or practitioners within the field of sport science/sport medicine
(4) Letter of motivation
(5) A brief research proposal for the currently offered PhD project is preferable, but not required (mandatory for applications with self- or otherwise funded PhD projects)
Please provide any additional information that you consider to be useful for the selection committee in order to reach a decision on your application. The program generally starts between May and September of the upcoming year.